Model Portfolio Tracking
Unlike other newsletters and advisory services, recommendations are thrown out and then you fend for yourself. Each trade is tracked in a “model portfolio” along with all previous buys and sells. The Model Portfolio was launched with hypothetical $100,000 and each trade is assumed to be made in increments of $1000. There can be anywhere from an all-cash/no stocks to a portfolio of up to 100 individual stocks. The portfolio can include stocks, etf’s of currencies, foreign markets, commodity, and fixed income securities. Shorts are usually handled through etf’s. Leverage can either be through leveraged etf’s and, at times through negative cash positions.
Additional information for each position in the Portfolio includes:
- each position’s performance relative to the S&P since its addition
- whether the position is recommended by other newsletters
- the positions performance during the past week and since addition
- the portfolio’s cash/margin position
- a chart comparing the portfolio’s performance relative to the benchmark S&P 500